Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!


Okay, I've only got 30 more minutes to enter this awesome kick-ass contest (rules: link to your favorite posts) so I have to make this quick.  I wanted to tell you why I picked each one but I DON'T HAVE TIME!  DAMN PROCRASTINATION!

On the recommendation of someone who has a discerning eye I'm including this series about my favorite weekend house guest, Fernando von Bakonstein.  (Just a reminder to start at the bottom to read chronologically.)  Fernando's keeper, McGone, is currently on blog recess, but he was kind enough to send his world-traveling pig to stay with me one weekend in May last year.  His prior travels had taken him to exotic places like Paris and NYC, where he met Lorraine Bracco.  To say I was intimidated by his fame is an understatement, but magically that weekend turned out to be one of the best of the year and this series has it all.  I swear.  I credit the pig.

Moving on, I simply can't enter any contest without including the obscenity series.  I think this series of posts is what put me on the map.  I've had more than one of you tell me that this was the week I landed the hook.  (Don't let your boss/wife/kids read this one over your shoulder.)

And here's a handful more to prove I can write something other than a series:


You've waited a week. I guess that's enough.









Thanks to Auds for hosting such a fun contest!  A certain someone summed it up well when he commented, "Wow, when I narrow it down to 5-10 entries, my blog looks really good!"  He was right and we all know how much I like to stroke my own ego.

The other contestants are listed at the end of her post so if you're looking for some new addictions, check 'em out.  Just don't leave me, baby.  I love you.  Those other blogs won't go down on you in a theater.

15 comments:

SkylersDad said...

If you win, will you pull your sirt off like Brandy Chastain did in world cup soccer?

Cause that would be like, really cool...

Mel O said...

I love ALL of your posts... but the title of THIS post just HAS TO be my all time favorite title ;)

Lol! You so funny, honey!

SkylersDad said...

or pull off you "shirt" whatever you like to wear.

drunk blogging isn't for the timid.

Gwen said...

Skyler's Dad: Yes. Kudos on the drunk. Keep up the good work.

hello haha narf said...

cool contest!

i'm lookikng forward to going back through your archives, there missy.

Cora said...

Yay! You did it! Of course, that makes us competitors now, you realize. Watch your back. I fight dirty. And I'm a sore loser, so I hope I win. But I'm not a sore winner! If I win, there will be a pair of flip-flops mailed to you, my dear. The good ones. With glitter and sh*t. Just tell me which color. ;-)

Renaissance Woman said...

Oh...I so want you to win this contest! This title proves you have made skills. ;)

words...words...words... said...

Excellent choices. I forgot all about that scary fucking manpillow! Your blog looks pretty good even without narrowing it down :)

Good luck, I hope you come in second!

Gwen said...

Boooo! I didn't win. Neither did Cora or Wordsx3. But since it's already up, please, enjoy these oldies but goodies. While you're at it, check out this one and this one and this one about the anonymous love notes I got on my garage. I totally meant to include them. (I have not gotten any more since the last one.)

And yes, I do realize I have like 2 trillion favorites of my own stuff. I'm not good at making choices. Call me Sophie if you must.

Cowguy said...

It's 8 am, I'm finishing up the last Jack and 7up from last night and now this.

I could use some uncrustables.

*ain't got a clue*

Good luckyness!
J.

Sass said...

Shoot, Gwen.

Is that why you keep telling me we're going to the movies soon?

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Ohh my. I just spent the last 20 minutes reading the obscenities series...I'm at a complete loss to describe your obscene brilliance.

I always envyed your badass rating.

Cora said...

Oh well. At least I got to relive the obscenity series again! :-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome - I hope you win!

paperback reader said...

I do like contests that allow us to celebrate ourselves.

Subscribe