Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

7/07/2008

Reflection

Posted by Gwen |

Happy blog-o-versary to me!
Happy blog-o-versary to me!
Happy blog-o-versary dear meeeee!
Happy blog-o-versary to me!
(And many mooo-re!)
::jazz hands::

The traditional one-year anniversary gift is paper. Really. And yet here I sit tapping away on my keyboard on my one year blog-o-versary, defying tradition and wreaking havoc. Having occupied this little corner of the Internet for one year is a real accomplishment for me. I rarely stick with any amusement for long and I truly thought I would bomb. I'm no Dooce or a Pioneer Woman, but I really enjoy writing here and you guys make it all worth it.

A week or so ago I read my way down memory lane, reviewing every last one of my old posts starting at Day One: July 7, 2007. While there were some gems in the older stuff, many of the early posts weren't great. I've made progress, my voice and style have improved, and the stats show it: last July there were a total of 201 visits to this website; this year I've accumulated 243 in the first 6 days. I realize this is still a small following but I'd much rather have 40 people that I know and love reading and commenting here than to have so many that I can't possibly know them.

I attribute much of this evolution to you, dear readers. Whether I hear from you in person or in the comments, your feedback has been instrumental in shaping my writing. If I didn't have such good quality readers I'd likely put out an inferior product because, as we've established several times over the past year, I'm lazy. So thank you for being so awesome that it nips at my heels. You keep it coming and so will I.

Oh, yeah. There was one other thing I noticed as I reviewed the last year. At least once a month, without fail, I did something really embarrassing or stupid. Shocked? Yeah, me neither. It's good to have something you can rely on, you know?

I started taking notes in August, absentmindedly jotting down the titles of the posts I enjoyed writing and that seemed to make y'all laugh. I eventually decided to share it with you. Thanks again for being here this past year. It was fun and I'm ready for whatever comes next. Enjoy the list.

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

11 comments:

Amy, Jeff and the kimchis said...

Awww...happy blogaversary. I like to think that we bonded over our bloggery and that makes me very happy. My favorite post was the shitting the pants story because while we've all done it or nearly done it, you had the balls to post about it. Pooping is a hot topic in my house.

hugs and kisses from Kimchi Central

Whiskeymarie said...

1) I hadn't seen the cat trying to poop in the new bed video yet- hi-larious.
2) How had I not read the "I shit my pants" post before?
3) I was reading through your reflective hair post and thought I hadn't read it- only to see that I commented. Drunk.

Happy 1 year!

McGone said...

All of us in the Blogosphere chipped in and sent you a card and a giant present. Please tell me you got it.

Happy Blog-o-Versary!

paperback reader said...

Happy blog-o-versary, miss. And I, too, remember the shabby early days of my beginnings, and am thankful to be moving ever forward.

Renaissance Woman said...

Happy Blogversary to you! Glad I found you to be part of your large following. Now I know what I have to do to increase my reader numbers! Tell better stories...like shit my pants. Thanks for sharing.

Dr Zibbs said...

Congrats on your one year. There is a lot of junk on the information super highway and I'm glad that I've found your blog. You're also correct in thanking us - the readers (please email me privately and let me know which readers you'd like to thank more).

Moe Wanchuk said...

I actually have no idea how i found your blog, but once I did, I instantly loved it. I'm bummed when you miss a day. Great Work!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary! I will have to see if there is an e-card that is appropriate for such an event!

m said...

Happy blogiversary, indeed!

Anonymous said...

this post and all the links was a wonderful gift. thank you. (but shouldn't we be giving you "congrats on one year" gifts?)

i'm so thankful that i found you.

love of love to you,

becky

Gwen said...

Amy: I know! Isn't it crazy? But I'm so glad.

Whiskeymarie: January and February were drunk months for us. Sigh. I miss January and February, don't you?

McGone: It arrived yesterday. You guys really shouldn't have!

Pistols: I'm afraid to expose my soft side to you, but your writing inspires me to try harder and be better. Thanks. Now don't make fun of me.

Ren Woman: You know what they say, shit sells.

Dr. Zibbs: I'll send the list if you can assure me that I am protected by patient confidentiality.

Moe: I think we met over at Pistols' place. You might not have recognized me, I wear a moustache over there.

-R-: I know where you can find one.

Mindy: Thanks! So glad you're over here.

Hello: I'm so thankful we found each other.

Subscribe